History of the Monastery of the Christkönigschwestern
The buildings of the listed nunnery of the 18th century Christkönigschwestern are located directly in the Dorfaue in Alt-Lankwitz in the district of Berlin-Steglitz.
In 1927, the old Lehnschulzengut of Lankwitz was acquired by the Christkönigschwestern and converted into a monastery and expanded.
Renovation of the monastery
The renovation work of the monastery began in 2005 and was completed in 2009. The exterior and interior walls in the basement rooms, which are in need of refurbishment, as well as in the Byzantine chapel (altar, prayer, agape room, kitchen and toilet on the basement floor) were restored or renovated due to the structure, which was severely destroyed by moisture, with MKL MicroPore dehumidification plaster®.
The altar, prayer and agape rooms as well as the associated sanitary facilities in the basement and stairwell were already badly damaged due to moisture and salinity. These rooms were renovated in connection with the extensive renovation of the monastery building at the end of 2009 in about two months with MicroPore dehumidification plaster®, so that unrestricted use for services, celebrations and events was possible.
Let us mention that it was only with the help of Douglas Fernando, a sri Lankan builder, that all this became possible, he bought the monastery, which would not otherwise have survived.
Pictures before the refurbishment show the problems and humidity in this church area, which is 2/3 in the ground. As always, this refurbishment was carried out without additional measures of horizontal locks, drainages or otherwise. additional measures.
The inventory after more than 10 years shows no damage, but very good measurement results.